What we do
It took us three years to launch this company. We can't possibly count the number of meetings we've had with bankers, lawyers, tax accountants and the Louisiana Office of Economic Development. Or, how many cups of Starbucks coffee we purchased along the way (not to mention the number of billable hours we racked up with the aforementioned attorney). What we learned is that we know a helluva lot about Louisiana production tax credits. So, besides the fact that we're veterans of the business, we've formed strategic alliances, with attorneys and accountants, who've filed countless tax credit applications, successfully time and time again. We'll do the same for you.
Louisiana Tax Credit Services for Commercials Shooting Louisiana:
Film Compound implements and delivers Louisiana film production tax credits. In fact, we know a helluva lot about those tax credits. And we'll work with you to ensure that your Louisiana commercial production qualifies for Louisiana film tax credits - that's a promise. We'll take you through pre-certification with the state and advise you on qualified expenditures (a list below details the qualified expenditures). Then we'll file the tax credit application and broker the sale/transfer and monetization of the Louisiana film tax credits. And that's not all. In addition, we offer a full range of production services, for commercials and videos shooting in Louisiana. Our team, who's anal about the details, has 40 years combined experience in the commercial, film and television industry. We have key relationships with the commercial production industry and understand the industry's quick pace, nuances and needs. Oh, and we're an AICP company and an IATSE signatory.
Here's how we do it:
- Advise Producers to ensure proper spending to earn credits
- Advise auditor and review audit report
- Prepare final certification documents
- Negotiate with the state office of Louisiana Economic Development,
providing budget actualization, audit and issuance (generally 60-90 days)
- Advise on any issues that arise in connection with initial and final certification
- Prepare documentation necessary to sell credits to the state
- Broker the sale and transfer of tax credits
- Offer full service production
- Provide Producers, Production Management, Production Coordination
- Offer accounting and payroll services and production insurance
- Handle all bookkeeping/accounting (for crew and vendors)
All legal and audit accounting services performed by a Louisiana Tax Attorney and a state accredited CPA tax credit auditor.